Old fashioned, but highly effective. If you aren’t using email, you are missing out on a very large portion of your “fan” base. Emails are the best way to keep in contact with your constituents (outside of social media). With email you can send a message at any time of day calling for action, requesting answers for a survey, and even drawing volunteers to events.
There are plenty of email service providers out there, but not all of them are appropriate for a campaign. What do we mean? A “gmail” or “hotmail” account may be great for personal usage, but terrible for a campaign. The reasons being:
- Individuals can’t “unsubscribe” from a personal account.
- Mass emails are hard to create and may be breaking the law.
- You can’t see who has opened the email or what links they clicked on within the email.
Overall, you are pretty blind as to how effective your email was. We have a couple options for you to choose between to remedy some of these “errors” in process.
So what are we going to help you with? With our service we are going to make sure that you understand the do’s and don’ts of running an email campaign. We will teach about template design, best ways to capture attentions with catchy subject lines, how to make sure that people click on your links.
We will also teach you how to obtain emails via your Facebook page, surveys, at events, and on your website. We will utilize some of the top tricks and practices of major companies as well as major campaigns throughout the US to model our practices after so that you know you are getting the best advice possible.
We suggest using Constant Contact. Why?
- Powerful email marketing – upload contact lists in segments or as a whole.
- Design professional-looking emails in minutes with customizable templates and drag-and-drop editing.
- Get ready to extend your reach and build your business with powerful social media integration.
- Track your success with real-time reporting that makes it easy to plan your next move.
- Free to signup. 0-500 contact (pricing based on number of contacts). Going to be over 10,000? Give ’em a call.
We also suggest using a service called MailChimp. Why?
- Import your contacts into MailChimp.
- Add notes so you can create campaigns that suit specific readers.
- Free reports available on any device.
- Monitor activity, meet goals, and set new ones.
- Specify exactly who gets your email (segments). Send an email to a targeted audience for “testing” to make sure the entire list will engage with the message as you want them to.
- Oh, did we mention that it was free? Well, at least for the first 2,000 contacts and 12,000 emails.